Sunday, March 18, 2007

B.J.M.s!


Thank you to Chris Mele Cotte for this recipe. It was part of Square Pixel’s Monday Muffin Roundup.

For someone who does badly in the kitchen, this was as good as a ready mix. A pint of Ben & Jerry’s Fossil Fuel, which melted on the way home in the car, it was a really hot day… mixed with 125grams of sifted self-raising flour, made just 8 muffins. The choc-maniac in me added candy-coated chocolate candies AND small dark chocolate bars into each of the muffin cups. It took only another 20minutes in a 190 degree Celsius oven.

Good thing there were the chocolates, on the whole the muffins were a little dry. “Healthy” was how my sis-in-law had described it, not enough butter/fat? Will let the rest sit overnight and see if they do turn “muffin-y”. ☺

For Chris Mele Cotte's ice-cream muffins:
http://melecotte.blogspot.com/2007/03/muffin-monday-ice-cream-muffins.html

For Square Pixel’s Monday Muffin Roundup:
http://sqpixels.net/MuffinMonday/mm01_roundup.html

Note: Don’t put the candied coated chocolates on the top of the muffins, the colors melt all over the top… not a pretty sight…

Thank you to my triathlete, biathlete, super athlete husband for allowing me to invade his space (the kitchen) this afternoon.

A day later at work, some liked them 'cos of the plentiful chocolate but some still found it too dry... I think I'll try again but with less flour.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I just did a google search and saw your reference to my blog. Thank you! thank you!