Monday, February 19, 2007

Where to stay… where to stay…


When the time came for my ex-boyfriend and I to pick out our first apartment, it did not help that I was away for work (not that I'll be too much help... it is our first apartment!). My ex-boyfriend (who is now my husband…) had enlisted the help of a good friend who had a sister who had recently selected her own apartment. Good thing the apartments were the same kind, so our friend knew almost exactly what to do.

It was explained to me later that they had a system! They first looked at a compass and eliminated the units that faced certain directions. Then there was the height requirement, and whether the living room faced an interior garden, an auxiliary road or the main thoroughfare. And many other factors were considered… like the number of neighbors, closeness to the communal trash point…

The 2 guys managed to produce a short list of potential homes, which funneled into the very one which my husband and I moved into. We have been here for over 5 years and we are very grateful for the help this friend had given us. The apartment’s breezy all year round (really good ventilation, not drafty) and there is only a foot of sunlight over 6 months a year in the front of the apartment. My husband’s decision for marbled flooring in the living areas was also a super call – keeps us cool in the high tropical heat!

Thank you to my guy and our friend for the wonderful choice!

No comments: