Friday, February 9, 2007

Super bookstore lady!


Yesterday, I’d gone to a large bookstore in an even larger shopping mall along the main shopping district and tried to procure a publication I’d reserved from the week before. Being really good with dates, the book on-hold had expired and it’d been kept aside for someone else that very day, and that person had just collected it.

At this point I was kicking myself for not purchasing it via an established online store (and for cheaper too!) but had chosen to make a hapless trip. Oh well, make the best of it, so off to dinner it was.

While masticating on a delicious meal of eel, fish, pork and chicken (we sound so cavernously carnivorous!) the helpful lady at the bookstore called me to say that the man who had collected that fated book, had abandoned it along with several others on a shelf somewhere within the store, he had not made it to check-out with it.

This post is published in appreciation of Jeanette, the kind and patient lady who heard me rant about not getting the book, then call me to tell me it was still miraculously available, happily shrink-wrapped and waiting at her counter for me.

The book was duly acquired with a big smile and a gracious thank you.

No comments: