Friday, September 3, 2010

An easy dud?

It was a relaxing Thursday evening at Overeasy. The walk from work left me glisteningly warm, a glance through the menu yielded an IBC Root Beer Float, the very thing to settle me into the great view.

When the drink arrived, it was small. It was in a glass that's way too small for an ice cream float. At this point, I could only attribute it to the fact that I have that great talent at picking duds.

Oh well… the first mouthful of chilly root beer mixed with strands of melting vanilla ice cream was just what I had thought it would be. When I picked up the spoon to poke at the ball of vanilla iciness to better homogenize the taste, there was an unfamiliar thud at the base of the glass.

Through the murky goodness, there was a serrated edge of something familiar… more digging around produced a bottle cap.

Showed the 'prize' to our waiter who hurriedly apologized with an excuse that it was a busy night. The manager came after our insistence, and he had the same mouthful. It was beer for the rest of the night for me!

So beware! Over busy evenings at Overeasy, at the Fullerton, could get you more than you pay for, good or bad.

No comments: