Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Defining WHATEVER!

Whatever - a highly functional word for reacting to most things negative, unhappy, resigned...

A word I've used a lot since I was 10 years old, not so much in recent years 'cos age and experience has showed me other ways of handling and showing that unthrilling feeling.

Just a few weeks ago, an event led me to define the word. Or rather re-define the events that will lead to this reponse.

Like Fata had said, you were put in line to wait for the meteorite of happiness, you miss it without you even knowing it had passed, then there's a barrage of reasons why you were deliberately not included. Do I concentrate on 'as long as they are happy'? No, it's just 'whatever'.

Not the most favorable reaction, but it's upset me how the event played out, how we were informed that we've missed the bus - too bad!... If we were told earlier how it was meant to play out, maybe I wouldn't be so disappointed? Or is it the pages of 'this is the way it is' that gets to me.

As long as they are happy, you say? I say, whatever!

No comments: