Tuesday, May 4, 2010

29 April 2010, Thursday, KL.

Fata left early for breakfast and his conference. So took my time to get up, take a long shower, pack up a little and stroll out to Pavilion, just opposite my hotel, at about 9:30am looking for breakfast.


The Toast Box at Pavilion's basement had a line about 10 people long, I was too hungry to wait, so I wandered back up to The Loaf on the 3rd floor. The bakery which Fata said looked quite pretty from the outside.


Armed with a pair of plastic tongs and a cardboard tray/basket, I picked a savory and an sweet pastry and headed for the cashier. Before the man behind the counter could take my coffee order, a little cockroach, about 1.5cm long, crawled up the opposite edge of the counter (behind the cashier) and waved hello... Eeeks...


The man at the cashier just showed a little displeasure as he squished it with a bit of tissue, then he proceeded to take my order and my money.


Nonetheless, i sat down at a little table with my coffee and hopefully roach-free buns to try and enjoy what I selected. A Loaf staff member at that time took the coffee machine, bean handle thing with filter to the dustbin to wipe them out with some paper. The metal filter fell into the bin, that same staff member fished it out, wiped it over and proceeded to use the apparatus.


Okay... this is the first and last time I'll ever go to The Loaf... ever...


Kumxia EF and King T for collecting me from the hotel and depositing EF and I at the Mid Valley Mega Mall. Some shopping was done at the factory outlet store followed by some ice-cream.


Fata took the trains to meet us at Mid Valley, then we headed out for EF's favorite fish soup. Very yummy! King T went back to work, while the 3 of us were left to soak up the best window shopping available.


Dinner was back at El Cerdo, with 4 of us we had more food! The same half a piglet, a large platter of jamon & yummy paella. Too much food later, we spent the rest of the evening watching TV in bed :P


Kumxia EF and King T for keeping us company today :)


No comments: