Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day 11 (10Feb'09-Tue) - San Francisco

Set off after an early breakfast from South Lake Tahoe into San Francisco. Kumxia out North Point friend & Fata for driving up back. :)

After dropping off our North Point friends at North Point, we drove back to Chestnut. I started laundry while Fata prepared for his meeting later.

From the car rental place (we returned the Xterra), we walked to his meeting place, which was like 8 blocks away, 'cos we didn't want to pay the US$5 per person to use the tram :P Oh well... then I walked to Katana-ya for lunch.

The town was mine and mine alone for a few hours, went to Westfield San Francisco Shopping Center and got some stuff our Singapore friends had asked for. Then I got caught with an Isreali lady who was trying to sell me The Secret Of The Himalaya... hhhmmm... I'm super lousy with persistant and nice sales people... I tried, I really really did... I left at the end with 2 items which I hope will help one of our friends with bad eczema... at least I paid less than the online discounted prices :P

Fata rang, we met quickly before his dinner meeting with the same client from earlier. We went back to Katana-ya for dinner and shopped again for friends and him. I'm very happy that he can get clothes in his size here. :)

At Macy's, we found out that there's going to be a Valentine's Day Sale starting tomorrow, so we will wait for tomorrow :P Then Fata went off for his dinner meeting 4 blocks from Union Square Park.

I went to Loehman's again, hoping to find a gem or 2. And I found 3! Yippee! Found a hard plastic case for my super-duper old 60gb iPod! Yippee!

It started to rain and I was tired carrying all the fruits of out labor, I took bus 30 back to Chestnut. :P Another load of laundry and spent a bit of chatting online with Singapore friends. Found out that one of my colleagues is heading off to another country to start a new phase in her life, I wish her all the best and she will be missed at work :)

No comments: