Monday, January 28, 2008

TQ's beanie


This is my first finished adult beanie, it was made for Tammy, out of machine washable yarn. Using the same pattern from the Pink Baby Hat, with a slight adjustment. After the rows with the ascending stitches, every 2 rows of double crochets were alternated with a row of single crochets. I felt that this helped the hat keep its shape better, at least until my stitches get more uniform. hahaha...

Plus, the edging (instead of the picot), was shell shaped. Kumxia craftmastery for the really useful and easy tutorial! Instead of skipping 2 stitches though, cos it's right along the edge, I'd skipped only one stitch, I felt that it helped the shells/fans to curve a little more. If you're using the stitch on more than 1 row, I think you should stick to skipping the 2 stitches. :-)

Enjoy the beanie and thank you for letting me make one for you... who wants a beanie?

No comments: