Sunday, June 24, 2007

Thank you anyway...



I have been quite happy with my bags for the last year and a half, after my husband had braved a sea of estrogen to buy for me the very first tokidoki for LeSportsac bag (a very useful stellina) in February 2006. My close friends then got me a citta caramello last November and I got myself a paradiso campeggio during the same period. I have been and will continue to be happy with the bags as the super kawaii characters make me smile. :-)

The stellina from last year started with minor problems, it was the zip, when the bag is unzipped the zipper gets caught in the end of the bag, causing the stitching and fabric there to wear out. When I'd gone last year to the LaSportsac counter to ask the salesperson for help, and she had plainly told me not to open the bag to widely... how silly an answer is that? I had to suppress my laughter when I heard it. Nonetheless, the bag still works, I just stitched the zip shut just before the end so that it won't catch the fabric every time the bag was opened.

I was prepared to put up with a temperamental zip when I purchased the campeggio, I just stitched the zip up before the fabric got chewed. The bag worked fine for 7 months until this evening when I'd notice that the stitching along the top of the leather band that held the strap to the campeggio had completely unraveled. Augh... :-(

I wrote an e-mail to the customer service e-mail address listed on the LeSportsac website to express my disappointment. Did you know that their repair department does not fix limited edition merchandise such as tokidoki? And even for the classic items they do fix, you got to send it to Kentucky, USA. Not many choices for international customers. Anyone know a good bag repair person in a country near me?

Oh well, no more bags for me from them. And to think the latest spiaggia was the cutest to date with the fishes, surfers, sea urchins, dolphins and crabs... Thank you anyway... it was good while it lasted...

No comments: