Saturday, August 18, 2012

How could this happen?

To start, I took a pay cut and lost 18 days of annual leave to work for this decades-old, award-winning big-name company. By the time I started work I was told that the position for which I was hired had shriveled up cos that function is staying at headquarters.
Then I was offered a different department which I accepted as a challenge.  Little did I know the biggest challenge would be to work daily with a very loud and rude individual. About 6 months later an opportunity presented itself to transfer to another department with a way nicer person to work with.
So for 2.5 months I have been covering both departments until a new person transfers to take over the earlier department. Then this week, this new department made 13 artists redundant, and is losing 2 of its 4 production team members.
The reason I was given for being 'loaned out' to a non-production role was because management could not appear to target the new transfers so they picked me over the new transfer. Now why the other 2 at ny level were not selected I can only guess, and these are not kind guesses.
This company has lied and manipulated so many people it's a wonder how it's over three decades old.
If only the people in charge will get their act together, and make their centuries of experience mean something more than the mismanagement of over 100 lives maybe this project will have a hope of completion?
*** all this transpired 14 August 2012.
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments: