Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Trattoria Singapore at 313 Somerset

Trattoria Singapore
313 Somerset, #01-16/17/18, 230 Orchard Road, Singapore.

Met Fata for a quick lunch at 313 this afternoon, main purpose was to collect my cell phone which was left in the car :P

We had decided on the Italian restaurant on the 1st floor of 313 'cos it looked presentable and Fata had heard from some people say that the place had good food.

The menu reminded me of Cafe Cartel's menu, the scratchy font and a numerical reference for every item. But this place has NOTHING to to with Cafe Cartel, I found out when I was paying for the meal that this was part of the 2 Trattoria places in Bali, with branches in Medan, Jakarta & Kuala Lumpur.

Lunch was decided, we ordered calamari (though the waiter said calamansi twice...), black ink pasta with salmon cream sauce and the 3-meat pizza. As they didn't serve free water, we ordered a bottled A&W root beer which was only 250ml for S$3.90! A can is 330ml.

Starter = calamari. For S$8.90 the portion was pathetic... we must have paid 80cents per little ring in that basket... very sad... and the rings were too small to fit even my pinky finger.

Main courses were shared, the first to arrive was the squid ink pasta. The first thing was the lack of length in the noodles. Though there were noticeable balls of longer noodles, there were many little stragglers... like 2cm - 4cm long stragglers dotted the border of the dish. Plus, I found it tasteless... even after a sprinkle of salt, it was still bland...

The pizza arrived about 5 minutes later, the toppings were really few and far between. The pepperoni slices were even halved! The cheap supermarket ham wasn't impressive either... Another problem with the pizza was that we couldn't pull it apart 'cos it was not sliced through. The wait staff were all busy, so I picked up the pizza plank and walked the 5-6 steps to the counter to ask a lady to help cut the pizza properly. Then I had to walk back again to the counter to collect my pizza 'cos the lady behind the counter also had difficulty getting the attention of any wait staff...

Sigh...

The bill came up to S$46.80 for the both of us, to pay, I had to go to the cashier to be ignored by 2 people (plain clothes people, so I assume they are 'management') before a 3rd main clothes person took my check. When I told this lady that my lunch experience was not good, all she said was that they are still under training. Not apology, not even a question in why is was not a good experience.

If anyone goes there and has a good time please let me know? Because I know that I will not be going there again. Strange thing is that the place was full of people by the time we left... why? Enlighten me please...

No comments: