Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Credit Card Bank Messed Up

This little pretty MasterCard was the first credit card I have ever had, and 12 years later the issuing bank messed up.

I called very late Thursday night to block the card due to a dubious transaction [which I have since cleared up :(], & the lady from the bank had told me on the phone that they can rush a replacement card to me Friday afternoon [yesterday] between 2:30pm and 6:30pm at my work address.

Reasons are that this is my PayPal card & my only MasterCard card, I was hoping to re-set PayPal and bring it with me to Hanoi tomorrow [Sunday].

Work was a blur yesterday [Friday] 'cos I was rushing through the day so I don't have to go in today [Saturday] (need to do laundry for the trip), I didn't realize that the card didn't arrive 'til well into dinner time.

The call over last night's dessert was that the speedpost service had only collected the card at 5:05pm, and there was no delivery advice, meaning the card was still with the postal service... :( and the earliest delivery will be Monday :( when I'm already out of the country :(

This morning I called the bank again asking if the old card can be reinstated and they said the block is permanent :( no solution pre-Hanoi :( they messed up :( this is the 2nd local bank that has disappointed me the last few months :( no happy...

No comments: